This is the feeling you get when your computer crashes abruptly. Also known as a “bluescreen”, it’s frustrating. You can seek assistance if Windows 10/11 unexpected store exception errors occur.
The error has nothing to do with Microsoft Store.
1. Check the health status of your hard disk
A failed hard disk is usually an indication of an error. Get the program by downloading the standard edition.
If your drives are multiple, the tabs will let you toggle between them. This is based upon the data in the table.
A Good Caution means that your drive may be in good health.
Caution, Bad status and a faulty drive are the most common reasons for an Unexpected Store Exclusion Stop code.
VIDEO ABOUT THE DATE
How can you swap your hard disk
Please verify that the rest is working properly.
If you are happy with the performance of your hard disk, you may need a second opinion. This error could occur with your CPU, RAM, or GPU.
Windows provides two tools that will help you: Windows Memory Diagnostic (Performance Monitor) and Windows Memory Monitor (Windows Memory Diagnostic). This guide shows you how to identify hardware failures.
2. Update your Display driver
This error could also be caused when drivers cause compatibility issues.
To start, put your system in safe mode.
Use these instructions to reinstall the display drivers.
- Enter Windows Key and click manager.
- Double click Show adapters.
- To go to the Settings menu click Windows key+I.
- Click To view the latest update, Windows must detect and automatically update your driver.
If all else fails go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers. You can refer to our Guide for Windows Driver Updates.
3. Run System File Checker
Unexpected StoresException can also be caused by a system file that is not working properly. Windows allows users to scan their computer and repair any issues.
- Press Windows Key +.
- Click the command Panel (Admin)..
- Type after the file is opened.
This is the start of the scan.
Windows Resource Protection was able to identify corrupt files and fix them.
- Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
- Windows Resource Protection detected corrupt files and was unable to repair others. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
Use the following command prompt to confirm your suspicions.
4. You must disable your Antivirus software
Antivirus software may be interfering with this error. You can find this information in your program settings.
Disable Windows Defender.
- To Access Settings, use Windows Key+ I
- To view Security/Privacy security (Windows 11),
- Windows Security Threat Protection.
- Scroll on For virus protection and virus settings, click here
- Slide Real-time ProtectionTo Off
It is also possible to remove third-party antivirus software. Click on the name and click on Remove.
5. Fast Startup
Windows 10/11 offers fast startup. Use the type hibernation command to speed up hard drive boot times.
This is a great feature, but drivers may have trouble loading it correctly.
- You can run a system search to find the control box. Click on it.
- Visit to hear> Find out which power buttons have.
- Sometimes you might be asked to set up settings which are not yet accessible.
- Check Turn On Fast Startup (recommended).
- Click on the “Delete” button.
Hardware Can Cause Unexpected Store Exceedances
These steps will resolve your problem.
Blue screen syndrome can be caused by many factors. Most common is when something has been modified recently.